Hi. Another release of JMetro.
This time 2 new control have been restyled, bug fixes and other small tweaks.
I hope you are all staying safe and well in this strange times. Keep on reading for details.
New ColorPicker Style
Following is an animation of the new ColorPicker style LIGHT and DARK:
The gif recording software left out a few glitches in the images above which aren’t present in the real thing.
New Spinner Style
Microsoft just recently added a kind of a spinner to its Fluent Design library. IMHO it’s not great. And since they probably want to have touch support built in right of the bat, it seems a bit strange when used on a Desktop with a simple mouse and keyboard. In FD it’s called NumberBox.
So I opted for the Spinner in JMetro to have a completely new and unrelated style because I personally don’t like the FD one so much.
Full list of changes
Other than the 2 new restyled controls mentioned above there are also bunch of tweaks and fixes in this release.
Here’s the full list:
- Update MDL2IconsFontSample sample
- ThemeTester: Theme Tester not running due to wrong IntegerSpinnerValueFactory tag in AlignmentTest.fxml
- Fixes #149: ColorPicker throws runtime exception
- ThemeTester – Add ColorPicker with ‘-fx-color-label-visible: false;’ style to controls lis
- ColorPicker – Add ColorPicker fxml to be used in ControlsSample class
- Fixes #152: ColorPicker – Exception thrown when ColorPicker has ColorPicker.STYLE_CLASS_BUTTON styleclass
- Issue #150: ColorPicker – Add style for ColorPicker with ColorPicker.STYLE_CLASS_BUTTON styleclass
- Fixes #150: ColorPicker – Style ColorPicker with a JMetro style
- Fixes #143: Panes – Check warnings when running PanesWithBackgroundStyleClassSample
- Fixes #91: Label – move label in light stylesheet to the same place as dark stylesheet
- Fixes #131: ScrollPane – Fix control’s that use a ScrollPane like control inside and whose corners appear wrong on Dark theme
- Issue #137: Spinner – some buttons are slightly misaligned when using some styleclasses
- Fixes #137: Spinner – tweak colors for hover and pressed of decrement/increment button
- Fixes #94: ListView – style unfilled cells differently
That’s it for this release. You can check out the full documentation of JMetro on this page. If you want to keep up-to-date with the latest news, follow me on twitter.
JMetro is excellent